Description
The ancient parish church, halfway up the Hill Puro, was already mentioned in the thirteenth century with the name Saint Claude de gripta.
The church of Saint Claudio is entirely leaning against another vaulted building, built because of the steep slope of the land above the town of Serravalle. Unusual is also the access solution, preceded by a wall pierced by arches with a kind of balcony and by a corridor vaulted with trusses.
On the facade is a portal with architrave and semi-columns from the sixteenth century and above an oculus. The church displays a fourteenth century belfry, unusual in the region, with corbels and a spire crowned by crockets.
Inside, the six altars are almost entirely disappeared, frescoes from 1577 and 1578 are still in the niches on the right wall, they recall the manner of Angelucci from Mevale painters.